Around the world in 44 days (ok only the U.S.A)

Wednesday, June 21, 2006










June 21, 2006 10:37

So it is kinda weird because I am now in a different time zone then all of you back home...I am one hour before you. Anyway, so today we got a VERY early start...and I actually mean early. We had to make it all the way to Carlsbad, New Mexico by mid day to see the caverns. It wasn’t to bad of a drive and for I think the first time nothing broke down or stopped working...lol. So we made it here to where we are staying at tonight ate lunch and then was on the road again to go see the caverns. It is SO EXTREMELY hot here by the way...so the hike into the caverns was two and a half MILES...ya that’s right MILES!!! We were also 750 feet under the ground...CRAZY!!! But I do have to say overall the caverns were pretty amazing (wow I seem to use that word a lot lately.) It is almost like the underwater sea in a cave...oh and made of rock! Rocks, rocks, and more rocks. Grandma Nancy, you were right though (like always) it was fun and beautiful. The hike did take quite awhile though...but it was worth it. So later that night we stayed to watch the bats fly out of the cave we had just spent hours in...kinda creepy to think of it that way you know?!? Anyway, sorry to say but if you really want my honest opinion, that is not going to be a big highlight of the trip. Only o few bats flew out at a time so it wasn’t sudden and it most defiantly was not thousands. But that’s ok it is still a memory I will always have. Anyway, oh so I totally forgot to tell you...the other day we went swimming at the RV park that we stayed at. Well when we were all swimming it was just our family in the pool and we didn’t realize that the pool was that shallow. So Grady (of course it was Grady who else would this happen to...besides me but mine was not as bad and it most defiantly did not leave a mark) was swimming to the bottom of the pool and hit the bottom with his FACE!!! It was so funny...I mean just look at the pics...lol well I better get going for nor talk to you all later..love you all lots!!!

Allie Joy

3 Comments:

At 4:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello from Rob's Aunt in Indiana. Have a wonderful trip, I'll never forget our trip like yours (40 years ago!!!) If you drive through our state, think about the fact that Rob Buhl lived here for four years!

 
At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Allie- it's Diane Lagerquist from church.I am a friend of your Mom and Dad. The pics are amazing! Tell your folks I am praying for your family while you are on the road! Take care.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Suzy said...

Hey Allie! It's Rob's sister, Suzy here (Weston's mom). What a fun trip!! Weston was very excited to see pictures of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home