Around the world in 44 days (ok only the U.S.A)

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

July 15 8:23 AM

Wow it has been a long time since I have updated you, but that’s ok because I have been pretty darn busy. So on the 13th we drove and visited a Cabela’s. Now for those of you who don’t know what that is I’ll explain...it is a huge outdoor store that sell all kinds of things for the outdoors. It also has a huge magazine that you can order from. My dad thought it would be neat to stop there because him and some of the guys he works with order from there, but you see there is no store close to us. So we went just to say we have been there. The girls were pretty (NOT) thrilled to go. We ended up staying an hour and a half there. It was the neatest place. Tons of shopping and the coolest wildlife displays. They have tons of stuffed animals...they put the m into their own environment and put them on display. It is like a museum. We all liked it there. Then we had to get going because we had to go to Longaberger (which is a basket company that my mom likes) to make our own family basket...yes make our own. It was the neatest thing to do. We all got to help weave it and tack it together and stuff. Then you can choose your own tack covers so ours says SMITH on two sides and the other sides have three hearts on them. We all lone our basket and it is so cute...but the best thing is that we made it. After that a little bit of shopping and back into the car. We were on oue way to visit Mom’s friend from her childhood that she has not seen in 13 years...Val C. Oh, we had such a blast. We ate dinner and desert and just basically sat around and talked. Mom and Val shared stories about them growing up and all the trouble they got into. We pretty much just laughed the night away and before we knew it, it was time to go to bed. We had to get an early start to get to Cedar Point the next morning and Val and Don both had to work. So we said our goodbyes and went to bed. The next morning...of course...we went in to say our final goodbyes and headed off to Cedar Point. This is on the 14th. It was about a three hour drive and it opened at ten...we got there just a little after opening. Sop you do the math on what time we woke up. All I know is, is it should be illegal...hehehe. So pretty much I just napped the whole drive to try and catch up on my sleep. So Cedar Point is the nation’s voted best theme park in the nation...and it was FUN!!! As we pulled into the park you can see on the horizon all the huge rides and roller coasters. It is located on it’s own peninsula so it is so pretty. We got in to the park and of course split up the girls and the boys...I know you would think that I went with the boys, but I don’t really do roller coasters so I just stayed with the girls. It was fun and they have the neatest rides so it was fun...until the thunderstorm hit. It was right after mom made me go with the boys onto their biggest wood roller coaster..I thought that I had done a pretty big wood coaster at Hurricane Harbor...but oh how wrong I was!!! It was so rocky and fast...and seemed like never ending...but don’t worry it did and I am still alive...hehehe. So anyway, back to the thunderstorm. Yes we got caught in yet another HUGE thunderstorm..it seem to last forever, but we were under cover so it was ok. As soon as it stopped we were back to riding rides. We went on the Gemini...which has a 119 ft. drop. My stomach pretty much turned on that one, but then my dad made me go on the Millennium Force with Grady. 310 ft. drop...lets just say I blacked out after that drop and Grady had to grab my hand to get me to come back to reality...SCARY!!! I mean what if he didn’t...AHHH I could be dead...well not really but maybe close...lol. In the end I’m glad that dad made me go on it..even though when I walked away to go get on the ride he turned to my mom and said “She’s going to die, she’s going to die!” How rude = ). Well it was fun and everyone enjoyed their time there. That is the kind of stuff that really makes me not want to go home so bad...having fun!!! Which I am...I guess it is just hard to see at times, but I am, I REALLY AM!!! So today is just another one of those boring days...13 ½ hours in the car today...no joke!!! Ya that is ALL day by the way because I know you are pondering that one...hahaha!!! Well I better get going for now...few short hours tomorrow and we’ll be at the Mall of America...yay!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!

Love ya Lots
Allie Joy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home