Around the world in 44 days (ok only the U.S.A)

Sunday, July 02, 2006


July 2, 2006 9:29 PM

So I am going to be a little behind for the last couple of days and possible the next couple of days with updates and pics...due to the fact that I don't and probably won't have internet...SORRY. So let see the last few days...well we stayed and Gloria and Debbie's house until around noon. They have a golf cart and four wheeler. Eddy (on the four wheeler) showed us (on the golf cart...me driving) the back trails in the forest...it was so much fun and we all had a great time!!! You see I haven't gotten to drive and won't get to drive for weeks so any driving I can get in will make me happy...lol. So after we left there we drove for a LONG time...9 hours with the occasional gas and food stops. Now that is a long time. So we stopped in who knows where, Virginia...lol. Right by a Krispy Kreme dougnut shop...so guess what we had for breakfast...that's right FRESH NEWLY cooked doughnuts. They were YUMMUY!!! Today we had to make it to a campsite somewhere right out of Washington D.C. so we can tour the sites for the next few days. Today we started a new adventure by riding the Metro...wo ho fun!!! It's a whole new experience let me tell you. We went and saw Arlington Cemetery with the changing of the guards and tomb of the unknown solider. It wasn't the most exciting thing but defiantly not something I am going to see back home you know. Then we had to drive about an hour to go to my mom's friend's house for dinner and stuff. So now we are just sitting here talking and having a good time...you know whenever we get to talk to people I have a great time and don't miss home as much...which is a good thing because I'll tell you something...I WANT TO COME HOME!!! I an having a good time but I miss everybody and everything!!! It's ok only 26 days left...don't worry or miss me too much, because I know that you all do...lol well I better get going so I can get back out there and start talking again.

Love ya lots
Allie Joy



P.S.
Rob - I sure hope that they do like me like you said they would. Me and Grady are pretty bummed out that we are going to be like the last ones to meet them, and you know we are pretty important to the youth group!!! Hope that they are liking the church so far...and I am praying for you all. Have fun at Row & Grow ( but no to much fun because that is hard to do without me I know) and be safe with all the other youth activities you guys have going on throughout the summer. Love you all!!!

7 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smith Family:
WE are in Idaho and getting closer to home. We will make it today if we push hard but probably on the 4th. Enjoy reading your Blog and seeing where you are and what you are doing. Allie, Jacob was singing,"I love Allie," yesterday. We are ready to be home don't know how you are doing it for so long. Enjoy the adventures. Talk with you soon.
Love ya & Miss you The Bradners

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, 9 hours in the car, sounds fun! lol So your in Washington D.C? Thats so cool!

 
At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell Grady we will try to have a happy 4th. without him tomorrow but it will be hard. Just got a call from Greg, they are leaving Salt lake City today and hoping to be home in time for fireworks tomorrow. Have a great time celebrating the 4th. in our nations capital, how special. Love, Gma

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. Please post more pictures when you can, I really miss seeing all of you. Love, Gma

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Allie,
Will you tell Kenzie Hi for me?? It sounds like you guys are having FUN and seeing lots of neat places. Please tell Kenzie I got the post card, Thank you!
Kyia Duvall

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smiths:
Check out Allison receiving her Junior Ranger at Wind Cave National Monument in South Dakota.
http://www.nps.gov/wica/Jr_Ranger_June112.htm
She ended up receiving 9 junior rangers and 1 junior palentologist.
Talk to you soon,
The Bradners

 
At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allie, Thanks for the Pcard!! I laughed even before I read it! You are the sweetest thang (next to Terra)! But she can really bug sometimes, if you have ever been shopping with her, you know what I mean! HAHA! JK! I love Ter so much and am blessed beyond imagination~! She has some awesome friends too and she misses one inpeticular SOOO BAD! I miss you too! love, Tressa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home